Carroll County’s Community Action Agency for 30 years!

Need help? Call us! (410) 857-2999

Home Energy Program

For more information about these services, please call us at (410) 857-2999.


Or apply in person: Walk-In at our Main Lobby location at 10 Distillery Drive, Suite G1, Westminster, MD 21157 -> M–Th: 9AM-4PM, F: 10AM-4PM.

Or apply online: https://myohepstatus.org/ On this website, you will find downloadable applications that you can print, complete and mail to our office. Mail all applications to Human Services Program of Carroll County, Inc., at: 10 Distillery Drive, Suite G1, Westminster, MD 21157.

Services Provided

HSP works with Maryland’s Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) to assist Carroll County residents with electric and fuel costs, bill assistance, the Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP), and utility arrearages. Additional community resources may also be available to assist with utilities related to heating, electricity, cooking, and hot water.


Eligibility is typically based on gross monthly/annual household income levels. You will be asked to provide proof of income before receiving assistance.

The following items will help us assist you as quickly as possible:

  • All utility account information (Electric, and Heat)
  • Proof of all sources of income for all household members (pay stubs, pension statements, child support information, TCA, unemployment, Social Security/Disability income, etc.)
  • Applicant’s photo ID and copies of all household members’ Social Security cards
Skip to content