Volunteer income tax assistance (free tax assiStance)
Free Tax Preparation
Am I eligible for free tax preparation?
If your household made under $57,000 in 2021, you may qualify for free tax preparation.
What can we prepare?
What can’t we prepare?
(Not a complete list)
What will I need to bring to my appointment?
- Photo IDs for all adults in the household
- Social Security Cards for all members of the household
- All W-2 Forms
- All 1099 Forms (this could be interest payments received or self-employment wages)
- All 1098 Forms (this could be student loan interest paid)
- Receipt if you paid property taxes
- Receipt for state sales tax if you purchased a NEW vehicle
- Receipt of childcare expenses paid
- Last year’s tax return
- A blank check or bank account/routing number information if you want direct deposit
- Download and complete the required VITA forms. (VITA Intake Forms)
Need Help Now? Call 410.871.4885!
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site provides free year-round tax preparation services for low-moderate income households.