Free Tax Preparation
Am I eligible for free tax preparation?
If your household made under $57,000 in 2020, you may qualify for free tax preparation.
What can we prepare?
What can’t we prepare?
(Not a complete list)
What are your site hours?
Our site hours for the 2021 Tax Season (January 19, 2021-April 15, 2021) are as follows:
Monday 9:30 AM-3:00 PM
Tuesday 9:30 AM-3:00 PM
Thursday 1:00 PM-7:00 PM
*Due to safety concerns regarding COVID-19, appointments are required for the 2021 tax season (January 19, 2021-April 15, 2021).
How can I schedule an appointment?
Online scheduling is quick and easy! Click here to schedule your drop-off appointment. Or call us at 410-386-6653.
How will my taxes be prepared?
Due to safety concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, HSP’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is preparing free tax returns using a drop-off method for the 2021 tax season (January 19, 2021-April 15, 2021).
Drop-offs are convenient and easy! Appointments usually take about 30 minutes at most. Click the link below to download and complete the required VITA forms, then simply bring these in along with your tax documents (see list for required items) to your scheduled drop-off appointment. During your appointment one of our IRS Certified preparers will conduct a brief interview and then call you when your return is complete, typically within a few days. All tax returns are completed by IRS Certified Volunteer Preparers and undergo a Quality Review Process.
Download and complete the required VITA forms. (VITA Intake Forms)
What will I need to bring to my appointment?
- Photo IDs for all adults in the household
- Social Security Cards for all members of the household
- All W-2 Forms
- All 1099 Forms (this could be interest payments received or self-employment wages)
- All 1098 Forms (this could be student loan interest paid)
- Receipt if you paid property taxes
- Receipt for state sales tax if you purchased a NEW vehicle
- Receipt of childcare expenses paid
- Last year’s tax return
- A blank check or bank account/routing number information if you want direct deposit
- Download and complete the required VITA forms. (VITA Intake Forms)
What are you doing to protect my safety during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Your safety is important to us! HSP has established some of the following safety protocols, through CDC, state, and local government guidance to operate during the pandemic. During your visit, please expect the following:
- COVID-19 screenings and temperature checks upon building entry.
- Protective face masks required during appointments and in all public spaces.
- Intake appointments conducted through protective screen.
- Surfaces disinfected before and after each appointment.