Website Human Services Programs of Carroll County, Inc.
Provide comprehensive assessment, crisis intervention, and short-term therapeutic services to shelter and housing participants in an effort make homelessness brief and rare in Carroll County.
- Work collaboratively with the Shelter and Housing Team to provide services in shelters, in the community including places not meant for human habitation, and in private homes, with the goal to rapidly house participants or to maintain participant’s housing.
- Develop, implement, and monitor participant treatment plans, with the overall goal to connect participants to community treatment options.
- Provide intervention strategies and assessment for homeless and at-risk of becoming homeless adults, specific barriers include undiagnosed, untreated mental illness, inability to perceive or understand possible mental health disorder, co-occurring diagnosis, and history of trauma.
- Conduct direct therapeutic intervention, respond to crisis, utilize de-escalation techniques, and connect to additional services as needed.
- Provide comprehensive care coordination with internal staff and community partners, attend Integrated Services Team meetings and behavioral health intervention meetings.
- Utilize and train staff in motivational interviewing, strength-based, and trauma informed care strategies and techniques to deliver participant-driven case management; develop solid rapport with participants; encourage positive skill development for independent living.
- Maintain accurate and timely case files, including care plans and progressive case notes
- Complete accurate and timely data entry utilizing Community Service Point (CSP): enter services within 3 business days, enter, track, and evaluate participant progress at identified milestones
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the HSP’s programs and community resources; work in tandem with HSP’s Integrated Services Team including Housing, Opportunity WORKS (re-entry employment program), and Financial Education services to help participants access services, stabilize their lives, and secure permanent housing
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Housing First best practices, Housing and Urban Development Homeless Programs
- Assemble data for Agency Annual Report, and additional monthly/quarterly reports as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidates for this position must possess the following: effective skills to accomplish the program goals and objectives; effective interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to take initiative and be self-motivating. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong coaching skills; ability to organize and prioritize; strong project and time management skills. Ability to work independently and effectively with individuals and with high-risk population. Experience working with homeless and/or high-risk participants including those with a criminal background, mental health diagnosis, and/or substance abuse. Must possess a high level of energy, motivation, and persistence. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have accurate data entry skills. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Must be positive, cooperative and supportive. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and proof of current automobile insurance required.
Educational Requirements: Candidates for this position are required to be a Licensed Maryland Therapist: LMSW, LGPC, LCSW-C, or LSPC. Prior experience with the homeless population preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Work Environment: This position has direct contact with participants and with all levels of personnel within the organization, will work in emergency shelter, community, and private homes.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Part Time (25 hours/week). Schedule flexible, normal office hours, with some evenings required. Occasional nights or weekends may be required to address participant emergencies.
Travel Requirements: Regular local travel. Travel to meetings/trainings/shelter locations/private homes is required. Occasional distance travel may be required for meetings/training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org