Website Human Services Programs of Carroll County, Inc.
Provide leadership to Support Staff in Adult Shelter (Adult Only and Night by Night). Support Shelter Operations Manager to ensure staffing and overall safety and coverage of shelter facilities. Responsible for working directly with shelter participants to ensure all shelter policies and procedures are followed.
Essential Functions (specific duties include – but are not limited to):
- Maintain confidentiality, support participants to meet “Key” goals to ensure homelessness is short, brief and rare in Carroll County
- Support, train, and mentor Support Staff in Adult Shelter (Adult Only and Night by Night):
- Field Callouts, locate, and secure replacement staffing coverage
- Be available/on-call during designated time frames
- Review shift reports, incident reports, etc., to maintain working knowledge of shelter participants, concerns, and trends
- Facilitate communication with Shelter Support Staff and Shelter Case Management, conduct regular correspondence and follow up
- Interact with shelter participants, facilitate their understanding of and adherence to shelter procedures
- Use positive motivational interviewing techniques to deescalate crisis situations when necessary; call Mobile Crisis team, and or 911 when necessary
- Complete daily shift report, contact logs, data entry for Program Entry into HMIS System and daily chore charts
- Administer “Keys to Success” policies which includes providing positive re-enforcement, and writing action plans to prevent behavioral challenges
- Supervise housekeeping and laundry facilities to ensure clean, safe and sanitary conditions regarding meal prep, food storage, bathrooms, bedrooms, and common areas
- Complete hourly facility safety and policy adherence checks inside and outside of facility
- Monitor doors, phone, and security cameras
- Restrict entrance to the shelter to participants only
- Report needed repairs and/or maintenance issues via Workorder using the county’s ticketing system for Stoner Avenue and 10 Distillery Shelters (cc Shelter Operations Manager, Operations Manager and Shelter Manager) and directly email Operations Manager (cc Shelter Operations Manager, Shelter Manager) for needed repairs and/or maintenance issues at Green Street Shelter
- Report participant related problems to Shelter Operations Manager in appropriate manner
- Complete Incident Reports per policy
- Perform weekly vehicle inspection for vehicles kept at Stoner Avenue parking lot.
- Attend shelter staff meetings as required
- Attend all mandatory staff training sessions such as but limited to CPR, Non-Violent Intervention and others deemed necessary by HSP
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance at all times.
- Provide proof of automobile insurance at hire and annually
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidates for this position must possess the following skills: Able to work with individuals with varying barriers to housing including, mental illness, Substance abuse, Trauma and, criminal history. Effective interpersonal & communication skills to accomplish program objectives; effective teamwork skills to interact with case management team, shelter residents and volunteers to support the mission and goals of the program; household management skills to effectively accomplish duties. Ability to take direction and work autonomously. Ability to de-escalate situations and/or follow security policies to maintain a safe environment.
Educational Requirements: Candidates for this position are required to have a diploma or certificate of completion from an accredited high school or equivalent program. Candidate should have at least 1 year of experience working with the homeless population. Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required. Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supporting shelter team and Shelter Operations Manager, conduct training and on-boarding as needed.
Work Environment: Candidates for this position are considered Essential Personnel and must follow the Shelter In Place plan (see attached). Direct interaction with shelter residents including children of all ages. Will work at all work sites including Adult and Family shelters. Must be prepared to work during all-weather environments.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time, Benefit Eligible: Flexible availability needed. Hours include day, evening, awake overnight and weekends. May be required to work a weekend shift every week. Day will vary depending upon coverage needs.
Travel Requirements: None
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com