Financial Education Services
Need Help Now? Call 410.386.6641!
- Monthly financial education workshops, individual financial coaching services for up to 12 months, and a one-time consultation appointment.
- Services include banking, budgeting, creating savings, how to be a good tenant, reducing debit, and improving your credit score.
Financial Education Services are integrated throughout HSP, including shelters, the Family Support Center, and Opportunity WORKS. Financial Education embraces the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s “Earn It, Keep It, Grow It” philosophy. Services are designed to help participants increase their income through employment and benefits, develop a budget to keep their hard-earned money, and maintain a savings plan to grow their money over time.
Our Financial Education curriculum is based on Jump Start National Standards (K-12 national school standards) and the Your Money, Your Goals (YMYG) Toolkit developed by the Consumer Financial Protection Agency (CFPB). Both tools are supported by the Community Action Partnership and CASH Campaign of Maryland.
Financial Education workshops are offered at multiple locations in a group setting.
- Credit is an Asset
- Build a Budget: Creating SMART Financial Goals
- Build a Budget: Managing Your Expenses
- Earn It, Plan It, Keep It (Held at Carroll County Business & Employment Resource Center)
A single one-on-one session with our financial educator to address a particular financial issue or upcoming financial decision.
Ongoing one-on-one sessions for those who benefit from intensive financial planning.